Akka and Reactive programming

Hi, i want to ask different between Akka and Reactive. So if i want to make Async action, when should i use Akka instead of Reactive. I think Akka is only for JVM language, is it right

There might be some terminology/naming confusion going on here.

Reactive, as described in the Reactive Manifesto, is not a specific technology, but a set of principles for the architecture and design of systems.

Akka is designed adhering to these principles. You might chose Akka when building a system because the principles being at the core of Akka makes it easier for you to build a responsive system that can scale in and out with little or no down time.

Akka is only for the JVM, however there is also an independent project, not managed/mantained by us for the .NET platform.

“Akka makes it easier for you to build a responsive system that can scale in and out with little or no down time” → Can you give me more detail about of it

I’d recommend that you read the What Is Reactive part of the Akka Platform guide which gives a good overview.

The shopping cart example/tutorial in the platform guide also gives a bit more concrete overview of how different parts of Akka (cluster, sharding, persistence, projections) can fit together for one example application.

thank you ^^