We are happy to announce the release of Akka gRPC 0.7.0!
An overview of changes in this release can be found in the milestone, but notable changes include:
- Update to Akka HTTP 10.1.9 https://github.com/akka/akka-grpc/pull/625, which fixes a memory leak in the HTTP/2 support https://github.com/akka/akka-grpc/issues/591 found by @Marcus-Rosti
- Gradle support on Windows https://github.com/akka/akka-grpc/pull/622 thanks to @mlangc
- Including comments from the proto definition in the generated code https://github.com/akka/akka-grpc/pull/546 thanks to @bjaglin
- Code formatting verification thanks to @tz70s and @lomigmegard
- Improved integration with IntelliJ when using Gradle https://github.com/akka/akka-grpc/issues/617 thanks to @orendain
- Migrate remaining Play-specific code to https://github.com/playframework/play-grpc (which depends on akka-grpc), allowing it to evolve more independently https://github.com/akka/akka-grpc/pull/598