We are happy to announce the release of Akka HTTP 10.1.1, which is the first maintenance release of the Akka Http 10.1 series. If you have not yet already upgraded from 10.0, this would be a good time to do so – the update is for the most part binary and source compatible after all, and brings more features and fixes (see the 10.1.0 release annoucement for more details).
This release brings a number of small, yet long requested features, including:
- automatic WebSocket keep-alive using
- removing the need for implicit parameters in order to call
Route.seal(in Scala DSL)
As usual, the release is backwards compatible as outlined in our binary compatibility guidelines.
List of changes (since 10.1.0)
Fixes in akka-http-core
- Emit entity truncation errors before completing graph stage (#1947)
- Fix type parameters in Java API to work with latest Akka (#1965)
Improvements in akka-http-core
- Transparent websocket ping/pong (keep alive) (#1938)
- Fix a few Scala 2.13.0-M3 compilation issues (#1918)
- Always parse Content-Encoding and WebSocket headers (#1937)
- Support conversion between scaladsl.Uri and javadsl.Uri (#1950)
Improvements in akka-http
- Remove not needed implicits from Route.seal (#1928)
Improvements in akka-http-testkit
- Fix type parameter variance in Java API to work with latest Akka (#1965)
Improvements in documentation
- Document client-side for streaming JSON (#1964)
- Add package name to
PathMatcherjavadsl docs (#1933)
- Fix paradox error for discard entity bytes (#1944)
- Minor correction in rejections.md (#1924)
- Cache docs: more explicit imports, create cache once (#1955)
- Better caching example for Java
Infrastructure and build fixes
- Fully remove OSGi support (#1943)
- Which was already removed and discussed in 10.1.0
A total of 14 issues were solved since the previous patch release.
The complete list of closed issues can be found on the 10.1.1 milestone on github.
For this release we had the help of 11 contributors – thank you all very much!
commits added removed 5 76 31 Arnout Engelen 2 790 71 Konrad `ktoso` Malawski 1 110 3 Stokoz Kyrylo 1 43 21 Josep Prat 1 35 27 Johannes Rudolph 1 23 10 Enno 1 7 7 Johan Andrén 1 6 1 Rich Dougherty 1 3 2 Christopher Batey 1 1 1 Federico Caimi 1 0 1 Cristian Tarsoaga
– The Akka Team