We’re happy to release another milestone of Akka Projections, version 0.3. This version includes almost all features that we intend for upcoming 1.0.0. Telemetry is not fully completed yet. The API should be fairly stable from now on, but it might be changed based on feedback from initial usage. Feedback, bug reports and feature requests are welcome as issues in akka-projection/issues.
Highlights of the release:
- Projections and offset storage in a relational DB with JDBC, including support for JPA/Hibernate and other database libraries.
- Verify revoked partitions in the
- Cross build for Scala 2.12 and 2.13.
- Support processing with actors.
- Handler factory instead of a handler instance (API change).
- Documentation improvements and additions
- ShoppingCart CQRS example updated to use Projections: https://github.com/akka/akka-samples
- Internal refactoring to use mostly same implementation for
- Telemetry SPI
The documentation can be found at https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka-projection/current/.
A total of 25 issues were closed in this release. The complete list can be found on the 0.3 milestone on github.
For this release we had the help of 4 committers – thank you all very much!
commits added removed 38 8772 3758 Renato Cavalcanti 23 3182 738 Patrik Nordwall 5 250 136 Sean Glover 4 1644 143 Ignasi Marimon-Clos
The Akka core team is employed by Lightbend. If you’re looking to take your Akka systems to the next level, let’s set up a time to discuss our enterprise-grade expert support, self-paced education courses, and technology enhancements that help you manage, monitor and secure your Akka systems - from development to production.
– The Akka Team