Clarifications about read-side persistence w.r.t. loadOffset

The doc on defining a read side processor, uses a hypothetical MyDatabase trait to explain important guidelines:

trait MyDatabase {
 /**
  * Load the offset of the last event processed.
  */
 def loadOffset(tag: AggregateEventTag[BlogEvent]): Future[Offset]
}

My question is about the guidelines for the loadOffset method:

The loadOffset method reads the last Offset that was processed by this read side processor for the particular tag. Typically this will be stored in a table that has the tag name and the eventProcessorId as a compound primary key. Offsets come in two varieties, a akka.persistence.query.Sequence offset represented using a long , and a akka.persistence.query.TimeBasedUUID offset represented using a UUID . Your database will need to be able to persist both of these types. If there is no offset stored for a particular tag, such as when the processor runs for the very first time, then you can return akka.persistence.query.NoOffset .

Where does the eventProcessorId come from?

It would be very helpful to have an non-trivial example of this MyDatabase.
I found in the source a trivial implementation here:

object MyDatabase extends MyDatabase {
 def createTables(): Future[Done]                                  = Future.successful(Done)
 def loadOffset(tag: AggregateEventTag[BlogEvent]): Future[Offset] = Future.successful(NoOffset)
 def handleEvent(event: BlogEvent, offset: Offset): Future[Done]   = Future.successful(Done)
}

Unfortunately, this trivial implementation doesn’t shed any light on where the eventProcessorId comes from.

If we’re sharding events, then we will have multiple instances of the same read-side processor. I makes sense for each to store their own offset but it is unclear where the eventProcessorId comes from in the sharded case.

• Nicolas.