Datastax-java-driver configuration

When using lagom persistence cassandra, how can we add in application.conf
cassandra
datastax-java-driver { }
configurations that are not present in lagom persistence’s reference.conf ?

Lagom is using akka-persistence-cassandra 0.103, which isn’t using that version of the Cassandra driver. Here is the reference.conf https://github.com/akka/akka-persistence-cassandra/blob/v0.103/core/src/main/resources/reference.conf

I want to connect to DataStax Astra, how can I configure the cloud-secure-connect-bundle

.withCloudSecureConnectBundle(Paths.get("/path/to/secure-connect-database_name.zip")) ```

Can we upgrade akka-persistence-cassandra to version 1.0.1 ?

Not in current version of Lagom. Major API and configuration changes, so that will be in Lagom 1.7, which is not scheduled yet.

One alternative could be to use Lagom with Akka Persistence Typed (EventSourcedBehavior) and Akka Projections instead of the Lagom persistence and read-side modules.

@patriknw I will explore the second option.
What Is the main difference between “Akka Projections” and “Akka persistence query” ?

Akka Persistence Query is a lower level building block, which is used by Akka Projections. Akka Projections takes care of the offset storage, error handling, and distribution of the projections over the cluster. Similar to Lagom read-side. Read about it here: Akka Projection

Thans,
so to recap, I have to replace

lagomScaladslPersistenceCassandra

with

"com.typesafe.akka" %% "akka-persistence-cassandra" % "1.0.1"
"com.lightbend.akka" %% "akka-projection-core" % "0.3"