Disable Coordinated-shutdown in akka

I’m trying to disable coordinated shutdown feature in Akka(2.5.3). I added the configuration programmatically as below.

Config shutDownConfig =
ConfigFactory.parseString("{akka.coordinated-shutdown.terminate-actor-system = off\n akka.coordinated-shutdown.run-by-jvm-shutdown-hook = off\n akka.cluster.run-coordinated-shutdown-when-down = off}");
//Below is older configuration without shutdown props       
Config regular = userConfig.getConfig(actorSystemConfigPath).withFallback(userConfig);
Config combined = shutDownConfig.withFallback(regular);
actorSystem = ActorSystem.create(actorSystemName,combined );

The problem is Akka still tries to shutdown using CoordinatedShutdown and these settings are not getting reflected in the actor system.

DEBUG 2018-07-10 15:27:11,388 [MACluster-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-18] akka.actor.CoordinatedShutdown - Performing phase [service-unbind] with [0] tasks
DEBUG 2018-07-10 15:27:11,391 [MACluster-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-18] akka.actor.CoordinatedShutdown - Performing phase [service-requests-done] with [0] tasks

I’m wondering if they are getting overridden by akka somewhere. Thanks in Advance!

You can use system.logConfiguration() to see the effective config used, maybe that could help you figuring it out?