From where should I pull sbt plugins?

Hello,
We are working in an organization where direct access to internet is not available and hence we use JFrog central repo. The problem we are facing is getting some sbt plugins. To get these plugins we asked our support team to add jcenter.bintray in our JFrog Artifactory. Later we found there are some plugins which are published at different places such as oss.sonatype
For example if we check scalastyle plugin here on jcenter-scalastyle and on sonatype-scalastyle there’s difference. Is there any good reason to publish these same plugins at multiple repos which are inconsistent?
Can anyone suggest a single point where we’ll get all the dependencies needed and we can use it for long run?
Thanks in advance!

For example if we check scalastyle plugin here on jcenter-scalastyle and on sonatype-scalastyle there’s difference.

the difference might only be in appearance. OSS Sonatype Releases syncs to Maven Central, and JCenter mirrors Maven Central. But it does so in a lazily. So if you fetch all the artefacts listed in OSS Sonatype Releases you should get them via JCenter (and in the process pull them into JCenter, caching them there).

Is there any good reason to publish these same plugins at multiple repos which are inconsistent?

generally, no.

Can anyone suggest a single point where we’ll get all the dependencies needed and we can use it for long run?

in addition to proxying JCenter you should need to mirror https://repo.scala-sbt.org/scalasbt/sbt-plugin-releases/ where officially sbt plugins are released. (I kind of assume you must be doing that already - but I noted it for completeness).

Dale

So which repos are must haves for sbt plugins?
Will https://repo.scala-sbt.org/scalasbt/sbt-plugin-releases/ will be enough? or need to have jcenter as well?

• sbt-plugins-releases and
  • Maven Central (or JCenter)

We had to configure following set of repositories for all sbt to work

[repositories]
maven-central
typesafe-ivy-releases
typesafe-maven-releases and
sbt-plugin-releases

I could not paste URLs as discussion.lightbend says new users can add only two urls :slight_smile: