Have anyone had success deploying an Akka cluster on Docker Swarm?

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get even a very simple clustering exampling working on a small docker swarm cluster. If anyone can point me at some examples, provide some pro tips, or even claim some success it might give me the confidence to push on. I can post more details on what I’ve attempted so far, just wanted to verify that others have in fact had success or not, before I decide to continue trying or to down a different path. Thanks.

I can’t speak to Docker Swarm, but I’ve had quite a bit of success forming Akka Clusters with Docker-Compose using --compatibility mode. I use Akka’s Discovery w/ Cluster Bootstrap DNS to find the nodes and form the cluster. Maybe something in this setup can usesful for getting it to work with Docker Swarm. I have a branch here with instructions on running w/ Docker-Compose. You’ll also want to check out the configuration file cluster-application-docker-dns-tracing.conf, and finally the Java application bootstrapping here. Good luck!

Michael, thanks, I really appreciate this! I’ll give it a try this week and let you know if I have any luck.