We are happy to announce the availability of Lagom 1.5.0-M4. This new milestone towards the releasing of Lagom 1.5.0 continues to improve support for gRPC in Lagom. This release includes Play 2.7.0-M4, Akka 2.5.17 and Akka-HTTP 10.1.5.
Note that ConductR will not be supported for Lagom 1.5.0. Also note that this is an unsupported, pre-release milestone and we don’t guarantee API stability or binary compatibility between milestones.
Updates Play and Akka
- Bump dependencies: Play was bumped to 2.7.0-M4 (release notes) and, since Lagom 1.5.0-M2, we’ve bumped Akka to 2.5.17 (release notes) and Akka-HTTP to 10.1.5(release notes).
Previous milestones of Lagom 1.5.0 started laying the groundwork for integration with Akka gRPC to add it as a transport alternative. In Lagom 1.5.0-M4 we’ve improved the Lagom testkit so you can also test the gRPC of your Lagom application.
In this release, the following are introduced as part of the effort to support gRPC:
- It is now possible to run the
TestServerwith SSL enabled and build a gRPC client to interact with the gRPC endpoints offered.
- Lagom 1.5.0-M3 enabled SSL by default in Lagom’s Dev Mode. In Lagom 1.5.0-M4 we’ve restored the previous behavior where only HTTP is used in Dev Mode and made SSL an Opt-In feature in Dev Mode. Use
lagomServiceEnableSsl in ThisBuild := trueto start your service with both HTTP and HTTPS ports bound.
This release includes a few other small improvements:
- 1475 handle no-body as a valid input contributed by Ido Shamun
- 1572 which improves Dev Mode’s Service Gateway to stack Host header into X-Forwarded-Host so the target service running behind service Gateway still sees the data sent on the original request.
Updating a Lagom project to version 1.5.0-M4
To update an sbt project, change the version of
lagom-sbt-plugin in your
To update a Maven project, change the
lagom.version property in your top-level
After updating, it is recommended to fix any new deprecation warnings you see when compiling or running your services.
Thanks to the community for their detailed bug reports and contributions.
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped with this release:
commits added removed author 8 347 94 Ignasi Marimon-Clos 6 342 242 Dale Wijnand 4 515 77 Renato Cavalcanti 2 68 10 Marcos Pereira 2 2 2 Martijn Riemers 1 1 1 Ravi Thinakkal 1 148 146 Kunal sethi 1 156 2 Ido Shamun