From our blog: https://blog.playframework.com/play-2-6-19-released/
The Play Team is pleased to announce the release of Play Framework 2.6.19. This is the latest stable release of Play.
What is Play Framework?
Play is a high-productivity Java and Scala web application framework that integrates the components and APIs you need for modern web application development.
Play is based on a lightweight, stateless, web-friendly architecture and features predictable and minimal resource consumption (CPU, memory, threads) for highly-scalable applications thanks to its reactive model, based on Akka Streams.
- To start a new project, visit https://www.playframework.com/download.
- To upgrade an existing Play 2.6 project, edit your
project/plugins.sbtfile and set the
- To update an older Play project, take a look at the Play 2.6 Migration Guide.
Join the Play Community
Want to discuss the new release or have questions related to Play? Visit the Play Framework forum.
Play 2.6.19 brings several bug fixes and performance improvements. Notable changes:
- playframework/playframework#8590: Upgrade Akka version to 2.5.16 including an important bug fix.
- playframework/playframework#8598: Upgrade Akka HTTP to 10.0.14
- Special note on Akka 2.5.16 upgrade. In Akka 2.5.12 there was a bug fix that introduced a backward incompatible change. This didn’t affect Play users because we were still depending on Akka 2.5.11. This new release is bringing in Akka 2.5.16 and therefore you may need to adapt your code.
Thanks to the community for their detailed bug reports and contributions.
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped with this release: Marcos Pereira, Matthias Kurz, Sheldon Young, denisname, techmoksha.