Play 2.7.3 + Slick 3.3: evolutions not executed?

Since I updated my play 2.7 application to slick 3.3 and scala 2.13 it does not execute the evolutions at startup.

I think that is problem because in the logs I get this error: Table “PROJECT” not found; SQL statement:
select “ID”, “NAME” from “PROJECT” [42102-192].

This is build.sbt: my https://github.com/nemoo/play-slick3-example/blob/scala2.13/build.sbt

This is my application.conf: https://github.com/nemoo/play-slick3-example/blob/scala2.13/conf/application.conf

Any ideas why the evolutions are not executed?

Your you convenience, here the relevant parts of my application.conf:

slick.dbs.default.profile="slick.jdbc.H2Profile$"
slick.dbs.default.db.driver=org.h2.Driver
slick.dbs.default.db.url="jdbc:h2:mem:play;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1"
play.evolutions.db.default.enabled=true
play.evolutions.db.default.autoApply=true

It is interesting that this error occurs only after changing upgrading versions of some libraries (including slick) and scala as can be seen in this diff:

In the play27 branch the error mentioned above does not occur, in the scala2.13 branch the error occors.

I asked the same question some weeks ago and never got any reply. I think they’ve abandoned or don’t care about database users using migrations.

@GBeushausen good to know! Then it is even more obvious that it is a real bug and not a configuration error.
I have created this issue on the slick repo: https://github.com/playframework/play-slick/issues/504 Could you add your finding to the issue if it is related? That way we could maybe narrow down the problem and get more attention.

For the record, a workaround was posted on the GitHub issue:

@GBeushausen, we do care. I hope you understand that there many other issues requiring our attention and sometimes we miss something.

We also have many channels: Gitter, Discuss and GitHub. If you search for it, you will find that there was an issue in GitHub followed by a PR to make it easier to work around it.

And again another discussion here with a long explanation about why this is happening.

Different people looked at it at different moments, in their free time, to try to help. Unfortunately, that didn’t help you in time.

Cheers,

Renato

@renato: Thanks for your help. Now it works. It’s just so frustrating that with every single update of the framework your code doesn’t work anymore.