The Play Team is happy to announce the releases of Play 2.8.8.
The following are the relevant changes of this bugfix release:
- Bump akka 2.6.14 #10806 by @ignasi35 which includes the bump Jackson to 2.11.x #10788 by @mergify.
- Add empty parentheses () to generated reverse route method depending on routes file #10673 by @mergify. This is related to Release Scala 2.13.3 · scala/scala · GitHub and will likely introduce compilation errors on your code.
- Play no longer uses Bintray to distribute the sbt plugin #10804 by @ignasi35
- Add support for sbt 1.5.0 #10799 by @mergify
- Make the routes generated sources reproducible #10735 by @mergify
Special thanks to @mkurz for his continued contributions and insight to push Play forward, and, in this release in particular, for the extra work to make the release come true.
Also, thanks to the community for their help with detailed bug reports, discussion about new features, and pull requests review. Play is only possible due to the help we had from amazing contributors.
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped with this release: