Are there any known issues with DeathWatch of remote actors? We’re currently scratching heads looking at a bug where we have:
- two ActorSystems on different nodes;
- an actor in system A retrieves an
ActorRefof an actor in actor B and does
- system B is restarted;
- the actor in system A receives the death watch message and tries to retrieve the actor ref once again, receives the old
ActorRef, again does
- by this time, it must be dead — after all, we’ve already received the death watch message! — but the latter
watchWithdidn’t produce any death message;
- now we observe that the actor in system A is stuck with the “old” actor ref — we figured it because any message it tries to send there ends up in dead letters.
Any ideas / known issues? We’re at 2.5.14.
(This was posted to gitter some time ago, but didn’t catch on)