runAll fails on Hello World project in Ubuntu

Hello all,

I’ve created a new project from the Hello World template (see https://github.com/esgott/my-dashboard)

sbt new lagom/lagom-scala.g8

When I run runAll in SBT, I got the following error (without stack traces):

[error] java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to start embedded Service Locator or Service Gateway. Hint: Are ports 9008 and 9000 already in use?
[error] 	at com.lightbend.lagom.dev.Servers$ServiceLocator$.$anonfun$start$1(Servers.scala:111)
[error]      ...
[error] Caused by: com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:
[error] 1) Error in custom provider, java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
[error]   at com.lightbend.lagom.javadsl.server.ServiceGuiceSupport.bindServices(ServiceGuiceSupport.java:89) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.lightbend.lagom.discovery.impl.ServiceRegistryModule)
[error]   while locating com.lightbend.lagom.javadsl.api.ServiceInfo
[error]    ...
[error] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: access to public member failed: 
com.lightbend.lagom.internal.javadsl.registry.ServiceRegistry.descriptor[Ljava.lang.Object;@6e6baae7/invokeSpecial, from com.lightbend.lagom.internal.javadsl.registry.ServiceRegistry/2 (unnamed module @6129276e)

Newest Ubuntu, default jre, jdk and scala. Can you help me?

Current version of Ubuntu comes with OpenJDK 11. I’ve tried switching back to OpenJDK 8, and it does work with that. So from my perspective, I have a workaround, but I guess it would be good to make it compatible with newer versions of Java.