Running services failed - akka: No coordinator found to register. Probably, no seed-nodes configured and manual cluster join not performed?

I am running individual services by:

• lagomServiceLocatorStart
  • lagomKafkaStart
  • lagomCassandraStart

and then

• my-service/run

It’s working, and I can see my routes are registered with ServiceGateway. But it would give akka timeout no reply error. It would timeout because message is not sent to akka actor, judging from the logs I’m seeing:

19:14:07.807 [warn] akka.cluster.sharding.ShardRegion [sourceThread=voucher-impl-application-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-20, akkaTimestamp=11:14:07.806UTC, akkaSource=akka.tcp://voucher-impl-application@127.0.0.1:51832/system/sharding/VoucherDbEventProcessor, sourceActorSystem=voucher-impl-application] - No coordinator found to register. Probably, no seed-nodes configured and manual cluster join not performed? Total [8] buffered messages.
19:14:08.276 [warn] akka.cluster.sharding.ShardRegion [sourceThread=voucher-impl-application-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-21, akkaTimestamp=11:14:08.276UTC, akkaSource=akka.tcp://voucher-impl-application@127.0.0.1:51832/system/sharding/kafkaProducer-voucherSvc-voucherTopicV1, sourceActorSystem=voucher-impl-application] - No coordinator found to register. Probably, no seed-nodes configured and manual cluster join not performed? Total [8] buffered messages.
19:14:09.806 [warn] akka.cluster.sharding.ShardRegion [sourceThread=voucher-impl-application-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-19, akkaSource=akka.tcp://voucher-impl-application@127.0.0.1:51832/system/sharding/VoucherDbEventProcessor, sourceActorSystem=voucher-impl-application, akkaTimestamp=11:14:09.806UTC] - No coordinator found to register. Probably, no seed-nodes configured and manual cluster join not performed? Total [12] buffered messages.

According to the doc, this should be handled by lagom automatically (I’m running in local dev env). Am I missing anything?
https://www.lagomframework.com/documentation/1.4.x/scala/Cluster.html

I see the same issue, were you able to fix it?

No coordinator found to register. Probably, no seed-nodes configured and manual cluster join not performed? Total [2] buffered messages.

Same issue here (version 1.6):

2019-12-27T00:23:35.082Z [warn] akka.cluster.sharding.ShardRegion [akkaAddress=akka://application@172.27.0.3:25520, sourceThread=application-akka.actor.internal-dispatcher-21, akkaSource=akka://application@172.27.0.3:25520/system/sharding/ModelEventProcessor, sourceActorSystem=application, akkaTimestamp=00:23:35.082UTC] - ModelEventProcessor: No coordinator found to register. Probably, no seed-nodes configured and manual cluster join not performed? Total [3] buffered messages.

It seems Lagom is not actually joining the cluster automatically in dev mode. Try adding this to your * extends LagomApplication(context) class:

val actorSystemTyped: ActorSystem[_] = actorSystem.toTyped
  val cluster  = Cluster(actorSystemTyped)
  cluster.manager.tell(Join(cluster.selfMember.address))

Reference: https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/typed/cluster.html#joining-and-leaving-a-cluster

Seems this should be done automatically in dev mode as this code obviously can’t make it in production ;)

Never mind, it is sufficient to add with ClusterComponents to your class extending LagomApplication . Seems the documentation is not mentioning it or did I just miss it? I’ve seen it rather by accident here https://www.lagomframework.com/documentation/1.6.x/scala/SerializationPlayJson.html