I appreciate the efforts are more for Play 3 these days which may kill using AsyncHttpClient and promote to use Akka Http client, but for the existing apps we have the following requirement.
We wanted to upgrade async-http-client used in play-ws to be able to use the new connection usage metrics exposed in the later version of the dependency.
- What we’re after is the ClientStats object exposed by the AsyncHttpClient (not able to put more than 2 links )
- Followed changes documented here: https://github.com/AsyncHttpClient/async-http-client/blob/master/CHANGES.md
- Changes here: https://github.com/fatihi-sky/play-ws/commit/0eb41ccb1b59cf62d1e17504e645a41464241445
We have couple of points that we weren’t sure what’s the best way to fix.
- Can we use STRICT CookieDecoder by default where we use cookieDecoder before?
- Can you verify the change in StandaloneAhcWSRequest regarding to Source<> usage?
We also NF tested those changes under 1000tps inbound and 2000tps outbound calls.
Happy to create PR after clarifying those steps.