Upgrading from lagom 1.3.1 to lagom1.4.0

Hi Team ,

I’m trying to upgrade the version of lagom from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 .
I did follow the migration guide and upgraded the version of akka(2.5.21) and play (2.7.0) .
Java - 1.8

When i execute the maven goal lagom:runAll .

Please help me fix this .

Getting the below exception ,

Uncaught error from thread [mas-module-internal-dev-mode-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-5]: play/core/utils/AsciiSet, shutting down JVM since ‘akka.jvm-exit-on-fatal-error’ is enabled for ActorSystem[mas-module-internal-dev-mode]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: play/core/utils/AsciiSet
at play.core.server.common.ReloadCache.reloadServerResultUtils(ReloadCache.scala:97)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer$$anon$1.reloadValue(AkkaHttpServer.scala:231)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer$$anon$1.reloadValue(AkkaHttpServer.scala:229)
at play.core.server.common.ReloadCache.$anonfun$reloadCache$1(ReloadCache.scala:39)
at play.utils.InlineCache.fresh(InlineCache.scala:69)
at play.utils.InlineCache.apply(InlineCache.scala:55)
at play.core.server.common.ReloadCache.cachedFrom(ReloadCache.scala:46)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer.modelConversion(AkkaHttpServer.scala:249)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer.handleRequest(AkkaHttpServer.scala:257)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer.$anonfun$createServerBinding$1(AkkaHttpServer.scala:149)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.MapAsync$$anon$24.onPush(Ops.scala:1189)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreter.processPush(GraphInterpreter.scala:512)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreter.execute(GraphInterpreter.scala:404)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreterShell.runBatch(ActorGraphInterpreter.scala:585)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreterShell$AsyncInput.execute(ActorGraphInterpreter.scala:469)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreterShell.processEvent(ActorGraphInterpreter.scala:560)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.ActorGraphInterpreter.akka$stream$impl$fusing$ActorGraphInterpreter$$processEvent(ActorGraphInterpreter.scala:742)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.ActorGraphInterpreter$$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(ActorGraphInterpreter.scala:757)
at akka.actor.Actor.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:517)
at akka.actor.Actor.aroundReceive$(Actor.scala:515)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.ActorGraphInterpreter.aroundReceive(ActorGraphInterpreter.scala:667)
at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:592)
at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:561)
at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:258)
at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:225)
at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:235)
at akka.dispatch.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
at akka.dispatch.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
at akka.dispatch.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
at akka.dispatch.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: play.core.utils.AsciiSet
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
… 30 more

Hi,

Did you follow Migration guide for 1.4.x?

Br,
Alan

Hi Alan ,

Yes i did follow the lagom+ Java migration guide .

https://www.lagomframework.com/documentation/latest/java/Migration14.html

And the play version used is 2.6.21 ( and not 2.7.0)

Thanks in advance,
Ramya

Is there are reason why you are specifying Play and Akka versions explicitly? It should be derived from Lagom version automatically.

Hi Alan ,

We have used the akka actor system , and there was an explicit dependency on play-netty-server (when the lagom version was 1.3.1) which is changed to play-akka-http-server.
And in the migration guide i did see the that akka and play versions , so added it here .

Hi,

I have never explicitly set any akka/play related versions.
I suggest removing explicit definitions.

Br,
Alan