Play Sample on Windows - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load cache item

Hi,

I am trying to run the hello world web example play-samples/play-scala-hello-world-tutorial at 2.8.x · playframework/play-samples · GitHub but getting a “Unable to load cache item” error message any idea what I need to change?

I have Java 1.8 and JDK 16, and sbt 1.3.13. I am also running this from windows.

The full message is: play.api.UnexpectedException: Unexpected exception[UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load cache item]

Here is part of the stack

at play.core.server.DevServerStart$$anon$1.reload(DevServerStart.scala:254)
at play.core.server.DevServerStart$$anon$1.get(DevServerStart.scala:148)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer.handleRequest(AkkaHttpServer.scala:302)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer.$anonfun$createServerBinding$1(AkkaHttpServer.scala:224)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.MapAsync$$anon$30.onPush(Ops.scala:1297)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreter.processPush(GraphInterpreter.scala:541)
at akka.stream.impl.fusing.GraphInterpreter.processEvent(GraphInterpreter.scala:495)

Thanks for any help

Chris

JDK 16 is not supported. Play 2.8 only supports Java 8 and Java 11. Not yet released Play 2.9 will support Java 17.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @mkurz I will use the correct versions

And when the play 2.9 are going to release? Because it’s very strange that java-16 still don’t supported

@yarosman Play moved to OpenCollective, we hope to deliver Play 2.9 the coming months, please have a look at Sponsoring