The seventh development milestone for Akka 2.6 is out.
It would be excellent if you can try the milestones out and give us feedback. Akka 2.6 is binary backwards compatible with 2.5 with the ordinary exceptions listed in the documentation. Some configuration changes may be needed, please read the migration guide as a first step.
Some notable changes in 2.6.0-M7:
- Simplify running of Akka Streams with an ActorSystem without creating a Materializer, #25559
- Deprecate ActorMaterializer in favor of just Materializer or ActorSystem, #25559
- Propagate stream cancellation causes #27472
- Don’t run Scheduled task when ActorSystem is shutting down, #16495
- Fix race when binding to port 0 in Artery TCP, #27525
- Fix issue that may cause multiple active Cluster Singleton actors when several nodes leave at the same time (backported to 2.5.25), #27527
- Changed variable substitution in config library, #27249
- Deprecate persistent mode of Cluster Sharding in favor of ddata mode, #27528
- Deprecate Cluster Client in favor of Akka gRPC, see migration guide,
- SLF4J logging API in Typed #26537
- Utility for testing logging events, LoggingEventFilter in Typed TestKit #24348
- Change “Untyped” to “Classic” in documentation and adapter methods, #27627
- New guide for learning Akka Typed from Classic, #25624
- Many improvements to the Akka Typed reference documentation, and this effort will continue.
A total of 44 issues were closed since 2.6.0-M6. The complete list can be found on the 2.6.0-M7 milestone on github.
For this release we had the help of 11 committers – thank you all very much!
commits added removed 34 10722 7856 Patrik Nordwall 16 4684 4956 Johan Andrén 10 1067 1024 Arnout Engelen 7 1190 1291 Helena Edelson 2 34 16 Johannes Rudolph 1 1178 1648 franciscolopezsancho 1 34 679 Christopher Batey 1 8 31 Tim Moore 1 11 11 heraklos 1 11 1 Renato Cavalcanti 1 5 2 Enno
– The Akka Team