I am pretty new to akka, but the company I just joined has decided to use the scala / akka stack. I have read through the documentation and started a few books, but I have been having trouble finding an real world code base.
I was hoping for something that has a real world use case, not just a toy example. I want to see how a bigger project structures the actor model so that I can get some inspiration.
Can anyone point me in the right direction here? At this point, I would even take open source projects that use the actor model in general.
Here are a a few:
- FiloDB - a distributed database
- Apache Flink was at least at some point built on top of Akka
- Gatling a stress testing tool
- Opendaylight seems to be Akka based but their gitrepo requires some form of registration
- our (Lightbend) frameworks Play Framework and Lagom Framework are both built more or less on top of Akka
I hope this helps!
The message platform of taobao,
the security audition system of alibaba
the smart park system of alibaba
and many more …